Prilenia Therapeutics (“Prilenia”) respects your right to privacy. Your ability to make informed choices about the use of your information is important to us. This privacy statement details how and why we collect, use and store your personal information within Prilenia. If you have any comments or questions about this privacy statement or the collection and use of your personal data, please contact our data protection officer at email@example.com
Please also review the Terms & Conditions of the Site (the “Terms”). Terms capitalized but not defined herein have the meaning given to them in the Terms. As used in this privacy statement, “Personal Information” means information that can be (in)directly associated with a specific person or entity such as a name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or other information.
Personal Information that we may collect when you visit our website
When you contact us we may collect and store personal information about your interactions with us. If you send your job application and CV online by using the link on the Career page of the website, your personal data will be collected and processed for that purpose and you may be contacted by us by telephone, regular mail or e-mail for that purpose.
Combined we may process the following personal information about you:
- Online identifiers, such as IP address
- Any information that you provide us with in correspondence.
It is your voluntary decision whether to provide us with certain personal information, but if you refuse to provide such personal information we may not be able to fully respond to you or provide you with services or part thereof.
We may also collect and process information about you when you are either
- A participant in our trials
- A former participant in our trials
Collection of information in clinical trials is not directly done by Prilenia and is not performed via our website. You will receive a form with the information on how your data is collected and processed for that specific trial and you will be asked to sign an informed consent before any data is collected.
How we use your personal information
We use the information that you provide when you contact us in order to respond to you.
We also use the technical data we receive to optimize how the Site is displayed to you. We will not share your Personal Information with third parties without your explicit permission, except when required by law, regulation, subpoena or court order or as otherwise expressly set forth herein.
We may compile statistical information across a variety of users (“Statistical Information”) in order to help us understand trends and customer needs. Statistical Information is anonymized and does not, in and of itself, contain any Personal Information. We may share Statistical Information with our commercial partners, pursuant to commercial terms that we determine in our sole discretion.
What is the legal basis for our use of your personal information?
We will only process your personal data if we have obtained your prior consent, if the processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations or to take pre-contractual steps at your request, if the processing is necessary to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or if the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
How we protect your personal information
Prilenia uses appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data we process is protected from unauthorized access, use, destruction, alteration or disclosure in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note that no data transmission or IT storage system can be 100% secure and we cannot fully guarantee the security of personal data. However, when data transmission or IT storage problems arise we have appropriate procedures in place to protect your personal information and privacy.
How we may share your personal information
We may share personal data:
- if required to do so by law and/or regulations;
- applications and systems, website analytics and search engine providers. This also includes the protection and with service providers that carry out functions or services on our behalf that enable our operations. This includes our IT securing of our systems and services.
Other than as stated hereunder, we will never sell your data to another entity unless Prilenia or parts of it are sold or during any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition (including in cases of liquidation) or during negotiations of the same.
International transfers of personal data
Prilenia performs research in collaboration with partners located all across the world.
Prilenia is committed to complying with European and other applicable Data Protection Laws regarding information that is transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The laws in countries outside the EEA may not be as strict as the laws within the EEA. Therefore, Prilenia has taken measures to protect your privacy and fundamental privacy rights when your personal data is transferred outside the EEA and to other countries where no adequacy decisions of the European Commission apply. This includes the use of appropriate safeguards such as standard contractual clauses and safe transfer protocols to ensure adequate protection.
We may also inform you about a proposed data transfer and ask you for your explicit consent. When we do this, we will always inform you of the possible risks to your personal data. When personal information collected by Prilenia and is subsequently transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), detailed information can be found in the Informed Consent Form that you will be or have been provided with.
Retention of your personal information
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary in order to fulfill the purposes for which we have collected your personal information, including any legal requirements. When the personal information is no longer needed for its original processing goal, and there are no further legal requirements, we will delete your personal information.
How to exercise your Privacy Rights
You have the following rights with regard to your Personal Information:
- Right to information – you may request access to all personal data collected (including processing purposes, categories of personal data, estimated retention period) for inspection.
- Right to rectification, erasure and restriction – you have the right to have incorrect personal data corrected or amended and, under certain circumstances, the right to have your personal data removed from our files. You acknowledge that, if you refuse to provide certain data or ask for the erasure of your personal data, we will no longer be able to provide certain services. You also have the right, under certain circumstances, to ask for the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent- If the processing activity is based on our consent, you have a right to withdraw this consent at any point. Please note that the withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to receive your personal data that is processed by us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or to transmit that data to another controller
- Right to object to the processing of personal information based on our legitimate interests, provided that there are no compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that would override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right to lodge a complaint- If, at any time, you are of the opinion that we have infringed your privacy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority which is responsible for the protection of personal data in the country where you reside. The contact details of the supervisory authorities in Europe, can be found here.
To exercise the above rights, you can contact Prilenia’s Data Protection Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org. After verifying your identity and data subject rights applicability criteria, we will do everything reasonably possible to comply with the request unless it will require completely unreasonable measures (e.g. technically or organizationally virtually impossible or extremely costly). We may refuse to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. In the event you become aware that an individual under the age of 13 has enrolled without parental permission, please advise us immediately.
We may update this privacy statement from time to time, and we encourage you to review it periodically.
How to contact us
Last updated: Feb 2021